Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Each Day a Gift

I think back on the many years of my life that I wasted before coming to know Jesus as my Lord and Savior. But on that day in September of 1997 things changed. I had a reason to go on. I had a reason to be hopeful. I stand on His word that, "He will restore the years that the locust have eaten!" And each day since then, He has continually, steadfastly, meticulously, begun to restore those years. For this I am so grateful.

We do not know the day of our passing. He does not tell us that. But He does tell us that each of the days He has given us is important. It is a gift. A gift wrapped in a bright and shiny package just waiting to be torn into. I want to remember that today. That God has given me this day to fullfill His purposes for my life. I don't want to miss any chance He gives me to love my fellow humans. To help them on their paths through life. I want to be a like a city on a hill. One which stands as a beacon to others, that there is hope. That there is life after alcoholism, or abuse, or molestation.

There is someone who loves you more than His own life. Someone who knows you, even the dark hideous places of your soul and adores you anyway. He is your perfect husband, your loving father, a friend that sticks closer than a brother. He loves you, my friend. He loves you so much....He misses you and longs for you. He weeps for you each and every day. He stands at the window waiting for your return, like a worried parent awaits a child who has missed his curfew. He looks out at the driveway waiting. Pushing the curtain aside to get a better view. Longing to see your face come through the door, safe at last.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to fresh new testimonies as God continues to restore the years that the locust has eaten! Blog On - You are making a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to the words you have written here, Deb.
    Amen to God's promises to us as written in The Holy Word.
    Amen for your gentle reminders to us.
    Amen to God for bringing You through all the badness so you can now enjoy all the glory God has to give you.
    You are amazing!!
    Love and hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete